Wednesday, Dec 01, 2021
Focus on the big picture

The Star Inn fire: Michelin-starred restaurant 'reduced to ashes'

Guardian, 25 Nov 2021
One of northern England's best-known restaurants has engulfed in flames after its thatched roof caught fire. Over 40 firefighters were called to the Michelin-starred Star Inn at Harome, North Yorkshire, to tackle the blaze. 'It's been a long night so far ... I'm afraid we won't be open for a while as we are reduced to ashes,' said chef Andrew Pern, who shared footage of the fire on Twitter. The 14th-century inn has regularly been cited as one of the best in the UK since the arrival of Pern 25 years ago.

Subscribe to Guardian News on YouTube ►

The Guardian publishes independent journalism, made possible by supporters. Contribute to The Guardian today ►

Website ►
Facebook ►
Twitter ►
Instagram ► https://instagram/guardian
Related Articles