September 14, 2021: Gavin Newsom Long Beach, Florida DeSantis, tax hike, UK booster shots, Taliban
Reuters, 14 Sep 2021
Five stories you need to know for September 14, 2021: Newsom Long Beach, DeSantis, tax hike, booster shots in the UK, Taliban
1. Californians will decide whether to recall Governor Gavin Newsom in a special election that has pitted Democrats against Republican supporters of Trump. On Monday, U.S. President Joe Biden attended a Newsom rally in Long Beach .
2. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis threatened fines for cities and counties that mandate employees must get vaccinated against COVID-19.
3. U.S. House Democrats proposed a substantial roll-back of Trump's tax cuts including raising the top tax rate on corporations from 21% to 26.5%.
4. The UK recommended COVID-19 booster shots for all vulnerable people and those aged over 50 ahead of a government announcement on its winter strategy.
5. The Taliban deny that their deputy prime minister has been killed in a shootout following rumors about internal splits in the movement.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en